suggsy

suggsy
My best pal Suggs.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

New R.S.P.B. member an old git!

Because of all the medication I take getting out has been a bit of a problem , tablets make me drowsy - so I cant drive, it takes 2-3 hours for the fog to clear from my head every morning , all I can say is thank god for local parks such as Acton in Wrexham.
A local fishing club maintains the area around the lake & provides platforms (for fishing from) large & safe enough for wheelchair users to view from or indeed fish from, I find them handy for my tripod!. The park is a 10 Min walk away but traffic concerns mean that I can only get there if my wife or son walks with me, once there i,m as happy as a pig in - well you know
Anyway to the RSPB. I joined early this month & I am paying my first visit to a reserve on the 26th to Burton mere on the Dee estuary, I am really looking forward to seeing something other than pochard, grebe, mallard & Canada geese, not that I,m bored with my usual suspects, I just want to see something different - a little egret would be nice. As I have said before I don't want or expect sympathy from anyone. My anxiety, depression is my problem which I have to deal with but I have to admit that I feel at my best when out watching our little or large feathered friends.

P.S Big thanks to the wife - she,s driving on Thursday.  Regards sad old git.

2 comments:

  1. Brian,
    I think you'll enjoy the RSPB site, they are so good for all types of wildlife :-) I like your photo's, although they do appear a little on the dark side - not a critism, as these things are all down to personal taste. Goos luck with the depression business, not a nice thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and your sentiment Warren.

      Delete